As we have had conversations at scenario training events or working with other professionals in the industry, we've come to the conclusion that there's not a lot of information out there about confined space rescue for confined space rescuers.
Sure, there are a ton of courses out there about confined spaces, but just how relevant is the material to a confined space rescuer? Confined space is a different type of rescue. You need to find people. You need to take other things into consideration. You need to know the hazards. You need to know if your ventilation is working.
Inside this first demonstration, Confined Space Rescue: Awareness, we cover the importance of knowing and understanding hazards including atmospheric and physical hazards, as it applies to your strategies and tactics, rescue rigging, and your patient considerations.
Strategies and tactics to think about before you start sending people in the hole
Monitoring and calculating oxygen levels
Air exchanges, dilution, ventilation, and recirculation
Performing a non-entry rescue plan using a stick click
Performing a non-entry rescue plan using an existing lifeline
At Ronin Safety & Rescue, rescue and safety is what they do! They offer expert level training, rescue, and consulting services to clients and partners around the world. Their staff is always procuring new skills and techniques to ensure their clients are kept up to date on regulatory compliance, safety, and efficiency. Ronin is comprised primarily of current or former military and emergency services personnel. Their staff has performed rescues in some of the worst conditions imaginable. They've seen the negative side of accidents and incidents knowing full well that with proper communication, procedure, and training the majority of them are preventable.
- 1.1 Introduction to Awareness
- 1.2 Welcome Video
- 1.3 How Does Confined Space Rescue Work?
- 2.1 Definition of Confined Space and Roles of Rescuers
- 2.2 Decision Tree PDF
- 3.1 Confined Space Rescue Documentation
- 3.2 Atmospheric Hazards
- 3.3 Ventilation
- 3.4 LOTO & Admin
- 3.5 Gas Monitoring
- 3.6 Dilution & Air Exchanges
- 3.7 Video Tutorial: Dilution and Air Exchanges
- 3.9 What’s the Oxygen Monitor Actually Saying?
- 3.10 Video Tutorial: What's the Oxygen Monitor Actually Saying?
- 3.11 Ventilation
- 3.12 Video Tutorial: Ventilation
- 3.13 Air Exchanges Per Hour
- 3.14 Video Tutorial: Air Exchanges Per Hour
- 4.1 A.T.L.A.S.T.
- 4.2 Video Tutorial: A.T.L.A.S.T.
- 4.3 Confined Space Rescue Plan
- 5.1 Non-Entry Rescue Set Up and 3:1 MA Using an Existing Lifeline
- 5.2 Video Tutorial: Non-Entry Rescue Set Up and 3:1 MA Using an Existing Lifeline
- 6.1 Non-Entry Rescue Using a Stick Clip
- 6.2 Video Tutorial: Non-Entry Rescue Using a Stick Clip
- 7.1 Wrap Up Video
- 7.2 Wrap Up
$997.00 / year
$997.00 / yearUnlimited Team Membership ~ Premium