Horizontal Rigging has been expanded to accommodate a wider range of thoughts. This course is a multi-part series that unpacks NFPA's Awareness, Operations, and Technician platforms for elevated horizontal rigging systems and their relationships within the spectrums of two industries: the industrial work environment and rope rescue. A vision of the future is found within this volume of work as this course is a combination of five top-rated courses from Rigging Lab Academy:
- Highline Sections with Tom Wood & Vertical Rescue Solutions
- Smooth & Simple Rigging: Twin Highline
- Horizontal Rigging 1
- Horizontal Rigging 2
- Horizontal Rigging 3
Let's face it, building highlines is as much an art as it is a science and inside this course, you'll get a look at how to navigate the maze of pre-planning a rescue. And while highlines are rarely needed for any given high angle rescue, they are systems that must be understood from top to bottom. Inside this course, we share valuable information on what a highline should be used for and the considerations for anchors including the forces generated at these anchors and how to plan around it.
From Highline Sections you'll look at how to navigate the maze of pre-planning a rescue at a very busy climbing area.
From Smooth & Simple Rigging: Twin Highline you’ll gain an overview of tandem tension systems, working platforms for ascent and descent, tensionless anchors, twin highlines and tracklines using manned belays, and twin highlines using a self-belay.
From Horizontal Rigging 1: Single Trackline Highlines you’ll learn about single tracklines from the control side anchors, single tracklines through the elevated high points (floating A Frame and gin pole), single tracklines to the terminate side anchors, the carriage system, and control lines.
From Horizontal Rigging 2: Twin Bundle / Dual Trackline Highlines you’ll learn the essentials of anchors, mainline and belay line systems, elevated anchor systems, and dynamic directionals within a 2 rope or dual track highline.
From Horizontal Rigging 3: Major Taglines / 2 Rope Offsets you’ll dive full steam into major taglines, 2 rope offsets, rigging the yoke, mainline side, gin poles, control side, and dynamic directionals.
Tom Wood is the Industrial Project Manager for Harken Industrial. A 20 year veteran of the Alpine Rescue Team in Evergreen, Colorado, he also serves as a Terrestrial Rescue Delegate to the International Commission for Alpine Rescue (ICAR) on behalf of the Mountain Rescue Association and is certified to American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE) Level 2. Medically certified as a Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), he is a Society of Professional Rope Access Technicians (SPRAT) Level 3, a SPRAT Board member and a SPRAT Evaluator candidate. A National Wireless Safety Alliance (NWSA) Practical Examiner, Tom is also a freelance writer, published author, and photographer. He has a degree in Photojournalism from Kent State University and is a former Combat Photographer for the USMCR. He lives with his wife Maren and their three children in Morrison, Colorado.
Trask is the consummate rope man and puts safety above all else. Whether tied into the sharp end of a single rope on ice or rock, or rigging ropes to make a drop from wind turbines – he is equally at home in the vertical world. Trask has worked and rigged in many industries to include petro/chemical, paper/pulp, bridges, dams, wind turbines, skyscrapers, and grain silos. He has also designed and managed rigging for climbing movies such as Higher Ground and Luxury Liner, both produced by Alstrin Films as well as stunt rigging for Fast and Furious 7. In addition, Trask is an EMT and holds a SPRAT Level 3, BOSIET, OSHA 30, and Confined Space Rescue certifications.
Pat is the founder of Rescue RIG, an organization specializing in technical rope access and rescue training. He has accrued over 40 years of experience in the field of technical rescue including 28 years with the Phoenix Fire Department as a firefighter/rescue technician and nine years as a FEMA Rescue Specialist. As part of his responsibilities with D2000, he specializes in developing advanced curricula focusing on all aspects of technical rope rescue. Pat is also responsible for instructor development and client relations.Pat has been instrumental in building a global brand and impacting tens of thousands of people across the planet with his humor and humble experience.
Outstanding content. This course was focused, practical, and sound in theory and application.
Outstanding content. This course was focused, practical, and sound in theory and application.Read Less
A very well put together series of tutorials which explains all the key components and principles in a detailed, logical manner. Nice work!
A very well put together series of tutorials which explains all the key components and principles in a detailed, logical manner. Nice work!Read Less
I know very little about highlines and I found this course to be very informative.
I know very little about highlines and I found this course to be very informative.Read Less
Great course very good coverage, was a great refresher for me being a rope technician.
Great course very good coverage, was a great refresher for me being a rope technician.Read Less
The video tutorials presented here are a comprehensive walkthrough of the single trackline highline, giving a clear outline of the major system components in...Read More
The video tutorials presented here are a comprehensive walkthrough of the single trackline highline, giving a clear outline of the major system components including the use of artificial high directionals. Overall a great course that's clear and concise.Read Less
Very good. It covered all the basics well and all the details that make a great Rigging system.
Very good. It covered all the basics well and all the details that make a great Rigging system.Read Less
- 1.1 Introduction to Horizontal Rigging: Highlines, Taglines & Offsets
- 2.1 Highline Overview: A Case Study
- 2.2 Video Tutorial: Highline Overview
- 2.3 Highline Anchors Using Removable Bolts
- 2.4 Video Tutorial: Highline Anchors
- 2.5 Highline Tensioning Systems
- 2.6 Video Tutorial: Highline Tensioning Systems
- 2.7 Highline Fixed Side Anchor System
- 2.8 Video Tutorial: Highline Fixed Side Anchor System
- 3.1 An Introduction to Twin Highline Systems In The Work Access Environment
- 3.2 Video Tutorial: An Introduction to Twin Highline Systems
- 3.3 Tandem Tension System
- 3.4 Video Tutorial: Tandem Tension System
- 3.5 Working Platform for Ascent & Descent
- 3.6 Video Tutorial: Working Platform for Ascent & Descent
- 3.7 Tensionless Anchor
- 3.8 Video Tutorial: Tensionless Anchor
- 3.9 Twin Highline & Trackline Using Manned Belay Pt. 1
- 3.10 Video Tutorial: Twin Highline & Trackline Using Manned Belay Pt. 1
- 3.11 Twin Highline & Trackline Using Manned Belay Pt. 2
- 3.12 Video Tutorial: Twin Highline & Trackline Using Manned Belay Pt. 2
- 3.13 Twin Highline & Trackline Using a Self Belay Pt. 1
- 3.14 Video Tutorial: Twin Highline & Trackline Using a Self Belay Pt. 1
- 3.15 Twin Highline & Trackline Using a Self Belay Pt. 2
- 3.16 Video Tutorial: Twin Highline & Trackline Using a Self Belay Pt. 2
- 4.1 Video Tutorial: Basic Highlines / Single Trackline
- 4.2 Quiz: Basic Highlines / Single Trackline
- 5.1 Video Tutorial: Tensioning Side / Twin Bundle
- 5.2 Quiz: Tensioning Side / Twin Bundle
- 5.3 Video Tutorial: A Frame / Twin Bundle
- 5.4 Quiz: A Frame / Twin Bundle
- 5.5 Video Tutorial: Carriage System / Twin Bundle
- 5.6 Quiz: Carriage System / Twin Bundle
- 5.7 Video Tutorial: Gin Pole / Twin Bundle
- 5.8 Quiz: Gin Pole / Twin Bundle
- 5.9 Video Tutorial: Termination Side / Twin Bundle
- 5.10 Quiz: Termination Side / Twin Bundle
- 5.11 Video Tutorial: The Norwegian Reeve
- 5.12 Quiz: The Norwegian Reeve
- 5.13 Video Tutorial: The English Reeve
- 5.14 Quiz: The English Reeve
- 6.1 Video Tutorial: Rigging the Yoke / Major Tagline
- 6.2 Quiz: Rigging the Yoke / Major Tagline
- 6.3 Video Tutorial: Mainline Side / Major Tagline
- 6.4 Quiz: Mainline Side / Major Tagline
- 6.5 Video Gin Pole / Major Tagline
- 6.6 Quiz: Gin Pole / Major Tagline
- 6.7 Video Tutorial: Control Side / Major Tagline
- 6.8 Quiz: Control Side / Major Tagline
- 6.9 Video Tutorial: Dynamic Directionals
- 6.10 Quiz: Dynamic Directionals
- 7.1 Wrap Up
$59.97 / year
$59.97 / yearRigging Lab Academy Essentials
$19.97 / month
$19.97 / monthRigging Lab Academy +Plus
$174.97 / year
$174.97 / yearRigging Lab Academy +Plus
$497.00 / year
$497.00 / yearUnlimited Team Membership
$997.00 / year
$997.00 / yearUnlimited Team Membership ~ Premium