Arizona Vortex principles and physics (constructed as an Easel A-frame and Sideways A-frame)
How to use two tension rope systems with the CMC MPD
Using a variety of Bowline knots to include the double-long tail and bowline with a bight
How to operate several different high angle offsets to include tracking line, two rope, and deflection (dynamic directional)
Jason is an avid rope rescue enthusiast. He took a specific interest in the technical rescue aspect of the fire department, got assigned to the county’s heavy rescue squad, and developed a passion for rope rescue. He's been lucky enough to participate in classes with people from all across the rope spectrum. As such, he sort of adopted the rope rescue program in his department as his own, and he’s in the process of writing manuals and developing training.He has big visions of changing the “old school fire department rigging culture” from antiquated tactics that are no longer accepted in the rescue world, to more modern and efficient rigging. To Jason, it's important that people who practice rope rescue craft an understanding of the “why” behind the “how”, something that is not often something explored in the fire department rescue world. As an instructor at Rigging Lab Academy, Jason offers a great perspective from both inside and outside the fire rescue world which allows him to convey important messages to his audience in a very relatable way.When he's not busy at the firehouse he works at in Loudoun County, VA, Jason loves to spend time with his two daughters.
- 1.1 Welcome
- 1.2 Welcome Video
- 1.3 About the Volcano Rescue Team
- 2.1 Introduction to Two Tension Rope Systems
- 2.2 Main Anchor Control System
- 2.3 Video Tutorial: Main Anchor Control System
- 2.4 Securing Method for an Easel A Leg
- 2.5 Video Tutorial: Securing Method for an Easel A Leg
- 2.6 Raising System
- 2.7 Video Tutorial: Raising System
- 2.8 Video Tutorial: Portuguese Bowline
- 2.9 Quiz
- 3.1 Tracking Line Offset: Side A-Frame Tracking Line
- 3.2 SA Tracking Line Overview
- 3.3 Video Tutorial: SA Tracking Line Overview
- 3.4 Trackline Tensioning System
- 3.5 Video Tutorial: Trackline Tensioning System
- 3.6 SA Tracking Line Anchor
- 3.7 Video Tutorial: SA Tracking Line Anchor
- 3.8 Quiz
- 4.1 Major Two Rope Offset Using a Sideways A-Frame
- 4.2 Two Rope Offset Near Side Overview
- 4.3 Video Tutorial: Two Rope Offset Near Side Overview
- 4.4 Two Rope Offset Far Side Overview
- 4.5 Video Tutorial: Two Rope Offset Far Side Overview
- 4.6 Quiz
- 5.1 Dynamic Directional Offset
- 5.2 Dynamic Directional Overview
- 5.3 Video Tutorial: Dynamic Directional Overview
- 5.4 Dynamic Directional Deflection
- 5.5 Video Tutorial: Dynamic Directional Deflection
- 5.6 Dynamic Directional Back-Ties
- 5.7 Video Tutorial: Dynamic Directional Back-Ties
- 5.8 Dynamic Directional Front-Ties
- 5.9 Video Tutorial: Dynamic Directional Front-Ties
- 5.10 Quiz
- 6.1 Wrap Up
- 6.2 Trailer Video
- 6.3 Gear Buying Guide
Very well put together easy to understand and a safe practical system. Great job.
Very well put together easy to understand and a safe practical system. Great job.Read Less
Informative, up to date text with easy to use web pages, too. Good stuff.
Informative, up to date text with easy to use web pages, too. Good stuff.Read Less
Thank you -- this is a very good course!!!
Thank you -- this is a very good course!!!Read Less
Extremely insightful. Always useful to update your current knowledge with new ideas and technology.
Extremely insightful. Always useful to update your current knowledge with new ideas and technology.Read Less
Good lecture -- very well set up.
Good lecture -- very well set up.Read Less
Thank you, Rigging Lab Academy, your online courses are excellent. Thank you for enriching us with knowledge!
Thank you, Rigging Lab Academy, your online courses are excellent. Thank you for enriching us with knowledge!Read Less
This was a very good mini-course!
This was a very good mini-course!Read Less
Great course!Read Less